07 December 2016

Katharinental, Beresan

Katharinental was a Beresan Mother colony founded in 1817. Until 1861, it was a part of  the Landau parish, then a part of Karlsruhe parish (1861-1871) before becoming an independent parish.

In 1913, Katharinental had 204 farmyard lots with a total of 1,581 Catholic residents. The town also owned 1,630 horses and 1,188 cows.

Plat map of Katharinental, Beresan
Source: Paradise on the Steppe, p. 316
Map courtesy of the Black Sea German Research site plat map collection

Location of Katharinental, Beresan



# # #