14 July 2016

New Map - Glückstal Colonies

The Glückstal colonies original settlement was in the town of Grigoripol in 1804-1805.  Because of frictions with the Armenians in the area, the government re-settled the Germans in the village of Glinoi (renamed Glückstal) trading places with the Moldavians.  The re-settlement occurred in the spring of 1809.  Another 293 families arrived in the summer of 1809 and founded three other Mother colonies.